- Curriculum Vitae Sample
- Faculty Profile Sample
- Clinician Educator - Associate Professor
- Clinician Educator - Professor
- Teaching-Research (Clinical) - Associate Professor
- Teaching-Research (Clinical) - Professor
- Teaching-Research (Basic Science) - Associate Professor
- Teaching-Research (Basic Science) - Professor
- Guidelines for Tenure
Instructions for the Preparation of Electronic Promotion and Tenure Dossiers
Items provided by the Candidate
- Compile all documents to be submitted with Dossier according to the guidelines outlined in the current issue of the Handbook for Faculty (2008), pages 19-21. The only difference is that this year we are asking SOM faculty to submit the materials electronically, rather than in hard copy. There is a new Summary Page available at: http://www.makoid.com/ucrt/ - please make sure you include it, and note that if you have a secondary appointment, the Chair of that Department should also write a "Chair's Letter"!
- Files comprising different sections of the Dossier should be submitted individually, using the sections listed in the Handbook for Faculty (2008), pages 19-21 i.e. separate files for CV, Faculty Profile, supporting documents etc. Items described in section vi. (publications, books, monographs etc), may all be included in the same file.
- Documents that are already in electronic format (ex: Word) can be saved as pdf files with Adobe Professional or other software that allows creation of pdf files
- Documents that are available only in hard copy (ex: published papers not available online from the journal) should be scanned into pdf files. This can be done with a scanner, copier/scanner or at places such as Kinko’s etc.
- Items that are not “practical” to scan (ex: an authored textbook where the entire book should be reviewed) may be submitted in hard copy (2 copies). They will be returned after the R&T cycle is completed.
- Documents can be sent to the Office of Academic & Faculty Affairs either as email attachments, on a CD, or USB flash drive (please put your name on it - we will return it to you).
Items added by CUSOM
The Office of Academic and Faculty Affairs will then add to the electronic dossier, the following items:
- A summary of job effort distribution, as derived from the original letter of offer AND any subsequent amendments as documented in the Annual Performance Review and the MBM database. This will be compiled by the Associate Dean for Academic and Faculty Affairs.
- Chair Letter (preferably submitted electronically by Chair)
- Letters of reference (Peers, students)
- Student Evaluations
- Course Evaluations
- CME Evaluations