These links go directly to official sites for testing registration and information about the USMLE exam and the Clinical Skills exam.
- USMLE Official Site: This is the official site for the USMLE Step I/II/III exams. From this site, you can register for the test, learn about the test, and receive updated information about any changes in the exam.
- National Board of Medical Examiners: This site provides information about the USMLE, web-based self assessment program, and information about research.
- Federation of State Medical Boards: This site provides information and registration for USMLE exams and the Clinical Skills examination.
- Association of American Medical Colleges: This link provides information and resources for pre-medical students, medical students, and residents.
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates: This site provides information and services for foreign medical school graduates regarding credentials, English Language Proficiency Test, USMLE, and FAQs.
Test Prep Materials
These are links to sites that contain helpful information when studying for the USMLE exam. Links may provide helpful charts (microorganisms/genetic diseases), medical lecture material from other Universities & Colleges, clinical cases, medical atlases (histology/pathology), and study skills material.
- Cardiovascular and Autonomic Pharmacology: Contains information about synthesis, storage, and function of common ANS neurotransmitters, and information (action, indication, contraindications, and side effects) about common drugs.
- Exam Master: Free access (for CUSOM students) to this resource provided by Creighton's Health Science Library. This site provides medical subject reviews, a 16,000 question bank, and simulated exams. Excellent Resources for Step I, II, III, and Board Certification!!
- Internet Pathology Laboratory for Medical Education: Pathology images, information, and exams in general pathology or by organ system.
- Medfools.com: This site contains reviews on board books, but most importantly, there are bacterial, fungal, and parasite pdf charts to download on the right side of the screen.
- MD Links.net: USMLE, MRCP, residency, and fellowship links including
book recommendations, online review material, discussion forums, bookstore and a medical site directory.
- Pathology cases: This site contains clinical pathology cases, which are present in the format of clinical history, lab data, and histology slides. Great case review.
- Study Skills Self Help Information: This site contains information on how to improve your study skills.
- USLME.net: Contains a message board of questions and answers posed by other medical students.
- USMLE Prep Info: Information about Step 1, and suggestions about books to buy for each section.
- World's Database of Medical Mnemonics: Contains useful mnemonics to assist in learning and linking medical concepts. Can use as a web-based tool, or download to a PDA
These are links to sites that contain review questions, USMLE-type questions, and clinical case questions to assist in reviewing for the USMLE. Some sites even allow creation of exams.
- 4tests.com: Offers 60 free multiple choice USMLE questions.
- Board Reviewer: is bank of of high yield questions for the USMLE Step One. You can use the site to study, take a timed diagnostic test to find your weak spots and see how competitive you are, or create and edit questions.
- Histology World: This site contains free review questions, atlases, and links.
- Pharmacology Final Exam: A medical pharmacology exam with answers at the bottom of the page.
- Free Practice Tests: Self-assessment modules for behavior science, biochemistry, circulation, diabetes, gastrointestinal, gross anatomy, integumentary, lymphatic system, neuroanatomy, nutrition, pathology, pharmacology 1 & 2, physiology, reproduction, respiration, syndromes, and urinary system.
- Physiology Review Study Questions: Study questions in the areas of GI, Cardio, and Respiratory.
- Quia - Flashcards - Anatomic Directions - Body Positions: This site uses the flashcard format to help learn the introductory concepts of anatomical direction and body positions.
- WikiTestPrep: WikiTestPrep - a free resource with 500+ questions, customizable tests, performance tracking, and Wikipedia links.
These are links to sites that contain USMLE preparation material for PDAs. Some review questions and material are free to download, and others are for purchase.
- ePocrates Rx: Free downloadable version for the PDA containing a drug database.
- pdmMD.com: Purchase medical PDA software.
- Downloadable Review Questions: Download two free versions of Palm Deck from Kaplan. One offers 100 free questions from Kaplan's Q-bank, and the other contains a review of 200 of the most common drugs found on the USMLE exam.
- CollectiveMed: A site for purchasing medical software for a PDA.
- Medical Mnemonics: Helpful medical mnemonics to help associate diseases and concepts. Used as a web-based version or download to a PDA.
These are links to sites (Kaplan, Princeton Review, etc.) that offer classroom courses, online courses, and board review materials for purchase.
- Kaplan Review site: This site provides test preparation materials, classes, and information; also see the other Kaplan site, kaplanmedical.com
- USMLE, Medical Subject & Certification Review: (by Exam Master®) Purchase study and self-testing medical education software.
- Northwestern Medical Review: Offers various length live lecture courses and testing materials.
- USMLE Flashcards: 804 flashcards covering pathology, biochemistry, microbiology, pharmacology, anatomy, and physiology.
- The Princeton Review | The USMLE: Purchase classroom courses, online courses, and review materials.
- USMLE Board Preparation for Step 1 and Step 2: Purchase learning materials in audio tape and CD format.
- Boards Prep Interactive - Interactive Preparation for USMLE Step 1 Software: Purchase "high-yield knowledge" in a question & explanation format. (Downloadable demo)
- UMKC Institute for Professional Preparation: This site offers courses for individuals who had an unsatisfactory Step exam score or who "need a longer time for preparation."
- USMLE Secrets: Purchase downloadable e-book study guide.