The Cardiac Center of Creighton University
Since its founding in 1961, The Cardiac Center of Creighton University has been a leader in the fields of cardiovascular research, clinical education, early detection and prevention of cardiovascular disease, and in pioneering the use of new cardiac procedures and therapies.
The Cardiac Center was one of the first facilities in Omaha to:
- Offer radial heart catheterizations and interventions (balloon angioplasty and stents)
- Implant a single device that contained both a pacemaker and defibrillator
- Insert stents in coronary arteries
- Utilize a computer-assisted arrhythmia monitoring system
- Introduce new drug-based methods of diagnosis and treatment
Our cardiologists will work closely with your personal physician to provide the highest quality of care and state-of-the-art technology to more effectively diagnose and treat heart disease.
Premier Educational Program
As members of an academic medical center, Creighton cardiologists educate and mentor future cardiologists while engaging in breakthrough research. For patients, this translates into the advantages of immediate second opinions and educational conferences at which patient conditions are discussed thoroughly and confidentially. Read more about Creighton's cardiovascular fellow education.