How to Apply to the Graduate Programs
The application process proceeds through the following steps:
- Fill out the application form, which requires details of your academic history as well as names and addresses of faculty willing to recommend you. We also want you to tell us why you want to apply (include a separate sheet). Please specify on the form that you are interested in Pharmacology.
- Three letters of recommendation are required. Evaluators should fill out the evaluation form above AND include a separate letter. These items are mailed to us by the evaluator, separate from the application form, which you mail to the Graduate School.
- We also need your OFFICIAL undergraduate and postgraduate (if applicable) transcripts.
- The GRE exam is REQUIRED. Official scores should be sent directly to the Creighton University Graduate School.
- Foreign students who use English as a second language must also have taken the TOEFL test, including the test of written English. Again, scores are reported to the Creighton University Graduate School.
- Enclose a $50 application fee and mail in the application.
When the Creighton University Graduate School is in possession of all of the above items, the application is then forwarded to the Department of Pharmacology for consideration. If a portion of your application has been received but some items are missing (usually letters of recommendation) a notice will be sent to you explaining what you need to do to complete the application. Remember, APPLICATIONS ARE NOT SENT TO THE PHARMACOLOGY DEPARTMENT FOR CONSIDERATION UNTIL THEY ARE COMPLETE. Additional details can be found on the Home Page of the Graduate School.
Obtaining the necessary forms
You can obtain our entire application packet from LuAnn Schwery at the Graduate School by Emailing her (LuAnnSchwery@creighton.edu) or download the forms under Application Packet links: at the Home Page of the Graduate School.
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, Nebraska 68178
For questions about an incomplete application, contact LuAnn Schwery (LuAnnSchwery@creighton.edu) in the Graduate School.
For questions about a completed application, contact the Director of Graduate Studies in Pharmacology, Margaret A. Scofield, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org