Creighton University School of Medicine
Advanced Standing Policy
Admission with advanced standing into the third year of medical school will be considered for qualified applicants. The number of available places will be determined by the total facilities of the school for accommodating students in each class and student attrition in any given year. Admission decisions will be determined by the Executive Committee on Admissions.
Evaluation criteria for advanced standing applicants include:
- Aptitude for the mission of Creighton University School of Medicine, as demonstrated by a record of service to the community.
- A Creighton University affiliation (for example, prior matriculation in a Creighton University school/college, legacy relationship).
- Submission of an academic transcript from each institution (college/university) the applicant completed coursework (undergraduate, graduate, professional, etc.).
- Completion of all prerequisite coursework required by the Creighton University School of Medicine.
- All applicants will be required to have received their bachelor's degree at an accredited institution within the United States or Canada.
- Submission of the Creighton University School of Medicine Advanced Standing Application.
- Three letters of recommendation from the applicant's medical school faculty.
- Letter from the Dean of the applicant's current medical school noting that the applicant is in good standing and eligibility for promotion into the next academic year. This letter should also include any academic or professionalism infractions.
- Completion of a personal interview with the Creighton University School of Medicine.
- Applicants must provide an official NBME transcript of their USMLE Step 1 score to Creighton University School of Medicine.
- Applicants must have previously applied to an LCME-accredited medical school through AMCAS.
- Appicants must submit a copy of a verified AMCAS from their most recent application to an LCME-accedited medical school. Applicants can request the application by contacing AMCAS directly.
- Aoplicants must submit a $150.00 fee upon submission of their application. The application fee is non-refundable.
Please contact the Office of Medical Admissions if you have any questions about Creighton's advanced standing policy.