Omaha is home to Creighton University School of Medicine and an abundance of opportunities. Not only does the city have a reputation for mouth-watering cuisine, exciting attractions and family-friendly fun, but it’s also an ideal location for aspiring doctors and health care professionals.
CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center–Bergan Mercy is one of the region’s premier academic medical centers and one of the largest health care providers in Nebraska. Through Creighton’s partnership with CHI Health, the area’s largest health care provider, you will have the opportunity to work with various hospitals and patient populations. The Omaha metro area comprises nearly 1,000,000 people. You’ll complete your clinical experiences at local hospitals and clinics that are known for quality care.
Whether you are a newly admitted med student or a resident with a growing family, Omaha will enhance your experience as you begin your career in medicine.
- Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium: Ranked one of the world’s best zoos, Omaha’s Zoo is an interactive zoo experience both adults and kids will love.
- Omaha Riverfront: Omaha’s Riverfront is an oasis for the outdoors lover. While you’re there, take a walk across the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge, the first walking bridge to connect two states (Nebraska and Iowa).
- The Old Market: Grab a bite to eat, listen to live music or browse the shops and galleries that line the cobblestone streets of this historic, downtown Omaha neighborhood.
- Omaha Farmers Market: Pick up fresh fruits and vegetables, local specialties, unique art and more at either the Old Market (downtown) or Aksarben Village (Midtown) farmer’s market.
- CenturyLink Center Omaha Convention Center and Arena: Musical acts including The Rolling Stones, Janet Jackson and Taylor Swift have taken the stage at this 250,000 square-foot convention center and arena. The U.S. Olympic Swim Trials are also hosted here.
- TD Ameritrade Park Omaha: Cheer on the Bluejays baseball team or catch a game of the NCAA Division I Men’s College World Series.
- Lauritzen Gardens: Enjoy botanical beauty in any season at this “urban oasis.” Take a leisurely walk through the gardens or catch an outdoor summer concert.
- Durham Western Heritage Museum: The Durham Museum, housed in a historic train station, offers look at the history of our region. It offers a broad range of traveling exhibits on history and culture, science, industry and more along with activities that will delight the whole family.
- Omaha Children’s Museum: This is a place where kids “learn through play, every day,” with a variety of special events and permanent exhibits to return to again and again.
- Joslyn Art Museum: Explore art from the ancient times to the present at this art experience – you can’t beat free admission.
- Free delivery: Hyvee
- Online ordering: Baker’s, Wal-Mart
- Meal kits: Blue Apron, Home Chef
- Healthy, on the go meals:
Information is provided as a courtesy only and does not imply endorsement by Creighton University or the School of Medicine.