Omaha is home to Creighton University School of Medicine and an abundance of opportunities. Not only does the city have a reputation for mouth-watering cuisine, exciting attractions and family-friendly fun, but it’s also an ideal location for aspiring doctors and health care professionals.
CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center–Bergan Mercy is one of the region’s premier academic medical centers and one of the largest health care providers in Nebraska. Through Creighton’s partnership with CHI Health, the area’s largest health care provider, you will have the opportunity to work with various hospitals and patient populations. Nearly 1,000,000 people comprise the population of the Omaha metro area. You’ll complete your clinical experiences at local hospitals and clinics that are known for quality care.
Whether you are a newly admitted med student or a resident with a growing family, Omaha will enhance your experience as you begin your career in medicine.
- Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium: Ranked one of the world’s best zoos, Omaha’s Zoo is an interactive zoo experience both adults and kids will love.
- Joslyn Art Museum: Explore art from the ancient times to the present at this art experience – you can’t beat free admission.
- Omaha Riverfront: Omaha’s Riverfront is an oasis for the outdoors lover. While you’re there, take a walk across the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge, the first walking bridge to connect two states (Nebraska and Iowa).
- The Old Market: Grab a bite to eat, listen to live music or browse the shops and galleries that line the cobblestone streets of this historic, downtown Omaha neighborhood.
- Century Link Center Omaha Convention Center and Arena: Musical acts including The Rolling Stones, Janet Jackson and Taylor Swift have taken the stage at this 250,000 square-foot convention center and arena. The U.S. Olympic Swim Trials are also been hosted here.
- TD Ameritrade Park Omaha: Cheer on the Bluejays baseball team or catch a game of the NCAA Division I Men’s College World Series.
- #1 – The 10 Best Cities to Raise a Family in America (Movoto blog, 2014)
- #2 – The Best Cities to Find a Job in 2015 (Fortune, 2015)
- #1 – The U.S. Healthcare Affordability Index (Castlight Health, 2015)
- #2 – America’s Least Congested Big Cities (HomeInsurance.com, 2014)
- #3 – Most Affordable Big Cities in the U.S. (Kiplinger, 2014)