The Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine at Creighton University School of Medicine is actively involved in the university’s teaching mission. Each month, four senior medical students rotate on the anesthesiology service, learning the basics of preoperative evaluations, airway management and anesthesia techniques. We also provide assistance to the community by teaching airway management techniques to paramedics and flight nurses.
The department is made up of 13 anesthesiologists and 14 certified registered nurse anesthetists. We provide anesthesia for many surgical procedures: cardiac, pulmonary, esophageal, urologic, robotic, bariatric and neurosurgical. We also provide anesthesia for labor, delivery, C-sections and complicated pregnancy cases.
The Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine is committed to providing exceptional anesthesia services, in an educational environment, to all of our patients.
- To provide high-quality, academic, patient-centered anesthesia care to our community.
- To be an example of academic perioperative medicine for our region first, then nationally for the entire CHI Health System.
- To create an exciting and forward thinking arena for all Creighton University School of Medicine students and residents.
- To contribute to the Creighton University School of Medicine through scholarly works, as well as a larger contributions, where allowed, into pertinent clinical teachings (i.e. Pulmonary, Cardiac, Surgery, Neurosciences).
- Maintain a positive and encouraging work environment
- Be the department of choice for anesthesia professionals.