The Cardiac Center is currently participating in many clinical trials for various cardiac conditions and the prevention of cardiovascular disease. Browse below to view the trials according to their specific categories. Included in each listing is the trial name, inclusion and exclusion criteria, and contact information.
Creighton University is seeking healthy volunteers for a new 10-week research study looking at how two different blood pressure medications may affect the function of platelets (cells in the blood that help with clotting). See flyer.
To be eligible to participate in this study, you must be:
- 19 years of age or older
- A non-smoker
- Not currently taking any routinely scheduled prescription or over-the-counter medications or herbal supplements
Volunteers cannot be:
- Pregnant or planning to become pregnant during the study period
- Using anti-platelet agents, NSAID medications or herbal supplements within seven days of the study period and for the duration of the study
Additional Study Details
- Volunteers must refrain from nicotine, caffeine, food and exercise for eight hours prior to four of the visits. Enrolled volunteers will receive:
- A $50 stipend for time and travel for each of seven visits
- Blood draws to determine platelet function
- Blood pressure and heart rate measurement results
- Basic metabolic profile laboratory results
If you are interested in knowing more about this research study or would like to enroll, please call or email 402.280.4613 ehiokoruwa [at] creighton [dot] edu IRB #13-16785.
Recently Diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea?
Creighton University is seeking volunteers for a research study looking at how the use of CPAP, a treatment for sleep apnea, influences the way aspirin affects platelets in blood. See flyer.
You may be able to participate if:
- You are a man or woman 19 years of age or older
- It was determined from a diagnostic sleep study that you have moderate to severe OSA
- You are starting CPAP and will be using it for at least three months
If you are interested in learning more and/or have any questions, please call 402.280.4613
- Bill of Rights for Research Participants
- Center Watch
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- The Center for Information and Study on Clinical Research Participation
- National Institutes of Health
- Heart Hub from the American Heart Association
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute
- MediLine Plus