Karl A. Bergmann, MD
School of Medicine
- Assistant Professor
- Lectures and shadowing
Dr. Karl Bergman earned his degree at the Creighton University School of Medicine. He left Omaha for an Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. Upon completing his residency he accepted an Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship at Sonoran Trauma Surgeons in Scottsdale, Arizona. He has returned to Omaha to serve as an Assistant Professor and Orthopaedic Surgeon with Creighton University Medical Center.
Dr. Bergman is a member of the American Medical Association as well as the Nebraska Orthopaedic Society. He is specialty trained in orthopaedic trauma, and his clinical interests include complex fractures, osteomyelitis and deformity correction.
Dr. Bergmann enjoys spending his free time with his family and friends as well as hiking, skiing, traveling and working on his house.
- Taught splinting to surgery residents. , 2019
- Taught ATLS at CHI/Creighton University Medical Center , 2019
- Spoke at Nebraska Nurse Practitioners Annual Meeting. Presentation on Treatment of Fragility Fractures., 2016
- Presented at Department of Surgery Grand Rounds - "Fractures With Soft Tissue Injury". Dept. of Surgery Classroom, 2015
- Fractures with Soft Tissue Injury - Grand Rounds presentation, 2015
- Complex Pelvic Fractures - We all Need to Work Together! 2015 Trauma Symposium Hilton Omaha Hotel, 2015
Research and Scholarship Interests
- Orthopedic Injuries
Current Research Projects
- Short hip nail vs long hip nail