Nicholas E. Dietz, MD
School of Medicine
- Anatomic and Surgical Pathology
- Associate Professor
- Anatomic Pathology
- Clinical Pathology
- Nguyen C, Leslie S, Gross J, Dietz N, Lele SM, Sirineni G. Penile cancer with
positive nodes: A case of HPV p16-positivity and its significance, implication of
data from head and neck cancer. doi:10.1016/j.eucr.2019.101009. eCollection 2019 Nov. PubMed PMID: 31516836; PubMed
Central PMCID: PMC6737329.
, Urology Case Report, 27, 101009, 2019
- Abdo J, Wichman CS, Dietz NE, Ciborowski P, Fleegel J, Mittal SK, Agrawal DK.
Corrigendum: Discovery of Novel and Clinically Relevant Markers in Formalin-Fixed
Paraffin-Embedded Esophageal Cancer Specimen. Front Oncol. 2019 Apr 12;9:273.
doi: 10.3389/fonc.2019.00273. eCollection 2019. PubMed PMID: 31032230; PubMed
Central PMCID: PMC6474362.
, Front. Oncology, 2019
- Voth E, Serio S, Gross J, Singh A, Dietz N, Nandipati K. Solitary fibrous
tumor of the stomach with high-grade sarcomatous dedifferentiation. J Surg Case
Rep. 2018 Nov 19;2018(11):rjy307. doi: 10.1093/jscr/rjy307. eCollection 2018 Nov.
PubMed PMID: 30473761; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6240737.
, J Surg Case Rep, 2018
- Joe Abdo, Christopher S. Wichman, Nicholas E. Dietz, Pawel Ciborowski, John Fleegel, Sumeet K. Mittal, Devendra K Agrawal. Discovery of Novel and Clinically Relevant Markers in Formalin-fixed Paraffin-embedded Esophageal Cancer Specimen Doi:10.3389fonc.2018.00157. PMID: 29868478 ISSN: 2234943X, Frontiers in Oncology, 8, 157, 2018
- Rai V, Dilisio MF, Dietz NE, Agrawal DK. Recent Strategies in Cartilage Repair: A Systemic Review of the Scaffold Development and Tissue Engineering. J Biomed Mater Res A. [Epub ahead of print] Review. PubMed PMID: 28387995. ISSN: 15493296, Journal Biomedical Material Research, doi:10.1002/jbm.a.36087, 2017
- Vikrant Rai, M.B.B.S., Nicholas E. Dietz, M.D., Matthew F. Dilisio, M.D., Mohamed M. Radwan, M.D., Devendra K. Agrawal, Ph.D. (Biochem), Ph.D. (Med Sci), MBA. Vitamin D Attenuates Inflammation, Fatty infiltration and Cartilage Loss in the Knee of Hyperlipidemic Microswine. Arthritis Research Therapy. Currently in-press. Examined all histologic, immunofluorescent and immunohistochemically stained slides and participated in generating that data. I edited the entire manuscript with a primary focus on the methods section and image captions. ISSN: 14786354, Arthritis Res. Ther., 2016
- Liyan Xu, Elza Matrova & Nicholas E. Dietz. Mycobacterium Avium Infection of Nasal Septum in a Diabetic Adult - A Case Report. Epub 6/20/2016. Presented as a poster at the 2014 CAP meeting.
, Head and Neck Pathology, DOI: 10.1007/s12105-016-0738-1, PMID: 27325235, 2016
- Finosh Thankam, Matthew Dilisio, Kaitlin Dougherty, Nicholas E. Dietz; Devendra K. Agrawal. Triggering Receptor Expressed on Myeloid Cells and 5′Adenosine Monophosphate-activated Protein kinase in the Inflammatory Response: a Potential Therapeutic Target , Expert Review of Clinical Immunology, DOI: 1080/1744666X.2016.1196138, PMID: 27266327, 2016
- Valentina D. Tarasova, MD, Niru N. Nahar, MBBS, Nicholas E. Dietz, MD, Robert R. Recker, MD, Robert J. Anderson, MD. Unique Occurrence and Course in a Patient with Pten Hamartoma Tumor Syndrome and Graves Disease. Presented as a poster at the ATA 2013 meeting. Assisted Dr. Nahar in writing the pathology portion of the manuscript, taking photographs of histologic slides and writing captions for the histologic images.ISSN:1530891X, Endocrine Practice, 12, 1358-60 PMID: 25533138., 2014
- A Novel Presentation of Bladder Mass: Self-palpation by a Patient With Cystocele PMID: 28991809, Female Pelvic Med Reconstructive Surgery, 2017
- Rai, V., Dietz, N.E., Agrawal D.K., Immunological basis for treatment of graft versus host disease after liver transplant. ISSN 1744666X, Expert Review of Clinical Immunology, 12 (5), 2017
- Finosh G Thankam, PhD, Chandra S. Boosani, Ph.D., Matthew F. Dilisio, MD, Nicholas E. Dietz, MD, and Devendra K. Agrawal, PhD. MicroRNAs associated with shoulder tendon matrisome disorganization in glenohumeral arthritis. ISSN: 19326203, PLoS One, 11(12):e0168077. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0168077, 2016
- Finosh Thankam, Matthew Dilisio, Nicholas E. Dietz; Devendra K. Agrawal. TREM-1, HMGB1 and RAGE in the Shoulder Tendon: Dual Mechanisms for Inflammation Based on the Coincidence of Glenohumeral Arthritis. ISSN: 19326203, PLoS One, 11(10): e0165492. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0165492. PMID: 27792788, PMID: 27792788, 2016
- Dali Huang, MBBS; Teddi Tubre, MD; Seunghyug Kwon, MD, Wayne E. Penka, MD, Agnes G. Colanta, MD, Nicholas E. Dietz, MD “Importance of Diagnosing Solid Papillary Carcinoma of the Breast for Surgical Management” College of American Pathologist, Chicago ILL, 22-23,Oct.,2018 Poster Presentation:
- Dietz N. Thyroid neoplasms in the molecular age. Patholgoy Grand Rounds, CUMC Bergan Mercy, Omaha NE., 2018
- Outcome of Quality Improvement of HER2 FISH Test of Invasive Breast Carcinoma by Utilizing Checklist. Jason Shen MD, Joseph Knezetic PhD, Nicholas Dietz MD Presented at United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology meeting., 2018
- AP Lecture - Prostate Pathology, 2016
- Grand Rounds Hereditary Cancer Syndromes of the Female Genitourinary (CUMC-OMA), 2016
- AP Lecture Bladder Pathology, 2016
- The Art of Teaching Small Groups - Effective Strategies for Success (CUMC-OMA, 2016
- Journal Club (CUMC-OMA), 2016
- Quality Symposium - GME Conference (CUMC-OMA), 2016
- Spring Meeting - American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science-NE, ASCP, CLMA Great Plains Chapter, and PAMET-USA Nebraska Chapter. Molecular Testing of Colon Cancer: Current Concepts and Future Avenues of Testing,, 2016
- Grand Rounds: Premalignant Papillary Problems of the Pancreatobiliary Tract, 2015
- CAP 2015 meeting Poster Presentation, in Nashville, TN. Maxillary Antrolith: A Rare Sequele Of Chronic Sinusitis. John Gross, MD; Nicholas E Dietz, MD., 2015
- CAP 2015 meeting Poster Presentation, in Nashville, TN. Cutaneous apocrine adenocarcinoma presenting as an axillary abscess Randall Bissessar, MD1; Niru N. Nahar, MBBS1; Scott R. Lauer, MD2; Nicholas E. Dietz, MD1; Agnes B. Colanta, MD1., 2015
- CAP 2015 meeting Poster Presentation, in Nashville, TN. Mullerian Inclusion Cysts in an Intramammillary Lymph Node : Mimicking Breast Cancer Abdullah N. Alsuwaidan, MBBS, D(ABMLI), Nicholas E Dietz , MD., 2015
- CAP 2015 meeting Poster Presentation, in Nashville, TN. BRAF V600E mutation-positive papillary thyroid microcarcinoma presenting as mediastinal lymphadenopathy: a challenging cytopathologic diagnosis. Jian Shen, MD, Liyan Xu, MD, Nicholas E. Dietz, MD, Agnes B. Colanta, MD., 2015
- CAP 2015 meeting Poster Presentation, in Nashville, TN. Primary Gas Gangrene of the Pancreas. Neelima Kandula, MBBS; Nicholas E Dietz, MD., 2015
- Pancreatic Neoplasia: An Update. Objectives: 1 List the most genetic alterations associated with pancreatic neoplasia. 2. Utilize immunohistochemical testing to aid in the diagnosis of pancreatic neoplasms and possible pancreatic metastases. 3. Identify possible avenues of molecular testing in pancreatic neoplasms., 2015
- Sleep Deprivation, 2014
- College of American Pathologists (CAP) in Chicago, Illinois. Poster presented at the 2014 Meeting: Mycobacterium Avium Infection of Nasal Septum in an Immunocompetent Adult. Liyan Xu, Nicholas E Dietz, Elza Matrova, Niru Nahar., 2014
Research and Scholarship Interests
- Inflammatory Mechanisms of Arthritis
- Outstanding Teaching Award, CUMC SOM Department of Pathology, 2018
- Inducted into Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, 2017
- Faculty Member, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, 2017
- Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award, CUMC SOM Department of Pathology, 2015