Sandeep Mukherjee, MD
School of Medicine
- Gastroenterology;Hepatology;Transplant Hepatology
- Medical students, Internal Medicine residents, Gastroenterology fellows, Gastroenterology nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
I was born in Malaysia and educated in the United Kingdom and the United States. I completed my residency in internal medicine, fellowship in gastroenterology and a fellowship in hepatology and liver transplantation and have been practicing since 2000. I was on faculty at the University of Nebraska Medical Center from 2000 until 2014 when I joined Creighton University Medical Center as Chief of Gastroenterology.
- Bathena SP, Thakare R, Gautam N, Mukherjee S, Olivera M, Meza J, Alnouti Y. Urinary Bile Acids as Biomarkers for Liver Diseases II. Signature Profiles in Patients. Toxicol Sci. 2014 Oct 24. pii: kfu228. [Epub ahead of print], Toxicological sciences, 2014
- Cyst, Pancreas. Patel N, Mukherjee S. StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2018 Jan-.2018 Oct 27. PMID: 30252235, StatPearls, 2018
Focal nodular hyperplasia. Hamad S, Mukherjee S.StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2018 Jan-2018 Oct 27. PMID: 30335277
, StatPearls, 2018
Chintalacheruvu L.M, Shaw T, Buddam A, Diab O, Kassim T, Mukherjee S, Lynch HT. Major Hereditary. Gastrointestinal Cancer Syndromes: A Narrative Review. J Gastrointestin Liver Dis. 2017; 26):157-163.
, Journal of Gastrointestinal Liver Disease, 26, 157-63, 2017
- Bathena SP, Thakare R, Gautam N, Mukherjee S, Olivera M, Meza J, Alnouti Y. Urinary Bile Acids as Biomarkers for Liver Diseases I. Stability of the baseline profile in healthy subjects. Toxicol Sci. 2014 Oct 24.[Epub ahead of print}, Toxicological sciences, 2014
- Side Effects Of Drugs Annual 36 Chapter 38 Title: Drugs that act on the immune system: immunosuppressive and immunostimulatory drugs LK Jha & S Mukherjee, Not Applicable, Volume 36, 2014
Tu1153 UTILITY OF EARLY ESOPHAGOGASTRODUODENOSCOPY IN PATIENTS WITH GASTRO-ESOPHAGEAL VARICEAL BLEEDING: ANALYSIS OF A NATIONAL DATABASE
, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 87;6, 2018
- Tu1378 - Incidence of Pancreatitis and Graft Failure Resulting from Pancreatitis after Pancreas Transplantation: A Descriptive Study using UNOS Database
, Gastroenterology, 154;6, S948, 2018
Teply R, Goodman M, Mukherjee S, Guck T.6 month follow up data after introduction of HCV screening in a health care organization. J Hepatology 2018
, Journal of Hepatology, 2018
- Teply RM, Goodman MD, Mukherjee S, Guck T. Impact of a hepatitis C virus screening alert for baby boomers in a regional health system. American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases Annual Conference October 2017, Washington DC.
Teply RM, Goodman MD, Mukherjee S, Guck T, Simari C. Out-of-pocket costs for hepatitis C virus treatments. American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases Annual Conference October 2017, Washington DC.
- Trend analysis of the treatment of stage 3 rectal cancer patients using the national cancer databse. Upadhyay S, Silberstein P, Mukherjee S. Accepted as abstract and poster of distinction at Digestive Diseases Week, May 2015, Washington DC., Digestive Diseases and Sciences, 2015
Kassim T, Mukherjee S, Abdalla A, Reddymasu S, .Utility of early esophagogastroduodenoscopy in patients with gastro-esophageal variceal bleeding:analysis of national database. Gastroenterology 2018
, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 87;6, AB544
- Buddam A, Walters R, Mukherjee S. Incidence of pancreatitis and graft failure resulting from pancreatitis after pancreas transplantation”a descriptive study using UNOS database. Gastroenterology 2018, Gastroenterology, 154;6, S948
- S. Mukherjee. Evaluation of abnormal liver function tests, American College of Physicians Chapter Meeting, Omaha, NE, October 2014, 2014
Research and Scholarship Interests
- Fatty liver diseases;hepatitis C
Current Research Projects
- Fatty liver diseases;hepatitis C