Subhash Chandra, MBBS
School of Medicine, Omaha Campus
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Internal medicine
- Associate Professor
- Hemostatic spray powder TC-325 for endoscopic hemostasis, bridge, or definitive intervention. Vellanki M, Gapp J, Chandra S., Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 91 (4), 956, 2020
- Diagnostic Yield of Colonoscopy in Young Adults with Lower Gastrointestinal Symptoms in a Multicenter Midwest Cohort.
Lu R, Kassim T, Dave D, Klair JS, Ashfaq M, Chandra S, Murali AR., Digestive Diseases, 2020
- Esophagogastric Junction Morphology on Hill's Classification Predicts Gastroesophageal Reflux with Good Accuracy and Consistency.
Osman A, Albashir MM, Nandipati K, Walters RW, Chandra S., Digestive Diseases and Sciences, 2020
- Immediate dilation in esophageal food impaction is safe and effective but performed infrequently: observations from a large Midwest US cohort.
Kassim T, Gapp J, Walters RW, Reddymasu S, Chandra S., Diseases of Esophagus, 33 (1), 2020
- Clip or Not to Clip After Endoscopic Mucosal Resection: A Matter of Operator Preference vs Polyp Characteristics.
Buaisha H, Walters RW, Chandra S., Gastroenterology, 2020
- Biopsy forceps for diminutive colon polyp resection should not be used routinely.
Rao SC, Chandra S., Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 91 (1), 203, 2020
- Chandra S. Sphincterotomy alone appears sufficient for the treatment of bile
leaks. doi: 10.1055/a-1008-9257. Epub 2019 Nov 27. PubMed PMID: 31775171.
, Endoscopy, 51(12), 1187, 2019
- Experience with Peroral Endoscopic Myotomy for Achalasia and Spastic Esophageal Motility Disorders at a Tertiary U.S. Center.
Masadeh M, Nau P, Chandra S, Klair J, Keech J, Parekh K, Abiad RE, Gerke H., Clinical Endoscopy, 2019
- Klair JS, Ashat M, Johnson D, Arora S, Onteddu N, Machain Palacio JG, Samuel R, Bilal M, Buddam A, Gupta A, Gunderson A, Guturu P, Soota K, Chandra S, Murali AR. Serrated polyp detection rate and advanced adenoma detection rate from a US multicenter cohort. doi: 10.1055/a-1031-5672. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 31739370.
, Endoscopy, 2019
- Comparison of Biliary Stent versus Biliary Sphincterotomy Alone in the Treatment of Bile Leak.
Chandra S, Murali AR, Masadeh M, Silverman WB, Johlin FC., Digestive Diseases, 38 (1), 32-37, 2019
- Klair JS, Chandra S, Johlin FC. Melanosis Coli due to Rhubarb Supplementation., ACG Case Reports Journal, 6 (5), 2019
- Gapp J, Chandra S. Pancreatic Ascites. 2019 Mar 3. StatPearls [Internet].
Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2019 Jan-. Available from
PubMed PMID: 29939628., Stat Pearls, 2019
- Gapp J, Chandra S. Acute Pancreatitis. 2019 Feb 28. StatPearls [Internet].
Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2019 Jan-. Available from
PubMed PMID: 29494075., Stat Pearls, 2019
- Abdussalam A, Chandra S. Anorectal manometry- Should it be performed in a seated position?, Neurogastroenterol Motility, 31:e13485, 2019
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatography-Obtained Bile Culture Can Guide Antibiotic Therapy in Acute Cholangitis
, Digestive Diseases and Sciences, 37, 155-60, 2019
- Evaluation of Biliary Bacterial Resistance in Patients with Frequent Biliary Instrumentation, One Size Does Not Fit All
, Digestive Diseases and Sciences, 63;12, 3474-79, 2018
- Kassim T, Hermes JM, Abdussalam A, Aly A, Chandra S. Fenofibrate: A
Nonlithogenic Means of Recurrent Drug-Induced Pancreatitis. 2018:4580860. doi: 10.1155/2018/4580860. eCollection 2018. PubMed PMID: 30271638; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6151234., Case reports in gastrointestinal medicine, 2018
- Endoscopic Cyanoacrylate Glue Injection in Management of Gastric Variceal Bleeding; US Tertiary Care Center Experience, Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hematopathology, 8;2, 181-187, 2018
- Pennington KM, Kennedy CC, Chandra S, Lauzardo M, Brito MO, Griffith DE et al. Management and diagnosis of tuberculosis in solid organ transplant candidates and recipients: Expert survey and updated review. Journal of Clinical Tuberculosis and Other Mycobacterial Diseases. 2018 May 1;11:37-46.
, Journal of Clinical Tuberculosis and Other Mycobacterial Diseases, 11, 37-46, 2018
- Chandra S, Holm AN, Schulze KS. Endoscopic grading of myochosis and its association with colonic obstructive symptoms
, Digestive Endoscopy, 30, 118-119, 2017
- The Beside Index for Severity in Acute Pancreatitis; a Systematic Review of Prospective Studies to Determine Predictive Performance, Journal of Community Hospital Medicine Internal Medicine Perspectives, 7;4, 208-13, 2017
- Murali AR, Chandra S, Stewart Z, Blazar BR, Farooq U, Ince MN, Dunkelberg J. Graft Versus Host Disease After Liver Transplantation in Adults: A Case series, Review of Literature, and an Approach to Management.
, Transplantation, 100 (12), 2661-70, 2016
- Significance of viral infections detected by reverse-transcriptase - multiplex PCR on hospital-related outcomes in acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Mohan A, Uniyal A, Chandra S, Ozukum MC, Gaur B, Broor S, Upadhyaya K, Ali A, Upadhyaya A, Guleria R., Lung India, 32 (6), 667-8, 2015
- Performance of severity of illness classification for Clostridium difficile infection to predict need-for-colectomy or inpatient death.
Khan A, Elashery A, Kapadia S, Chandra S, Journal of Community Hospital Medicine Internal Medicine Perspectives, 4, 2014
- Findings from the implementation of a validated readmission predictive tool in the discharge workflow of a medical intensive care unit.
Ofoma UR, Chandra S, Kashyap R, Herasevich V, Ahmed A, Gajic O, Pickering BW, Farmer CJ., Ann Am Thorac Soc, 11 (5), 737-43, 2014
- Chandra S, Finn S, Obah E. Immune thrombocytopenic purpura in ulcerative colitis: a case report and systematic review.
, Journal of Community Hospital Medicine Internal Medicine Perspectives, 4, 2014
- A case of ulcerative colitis presenting as pyoderma gangrenosum and lung nodule.
Li X, Chandra S., Journal of Community Hospital Medicine Internal Medicine Perspectives, 4, 2014
- Distal mean nocturnal basal impedance as a differentiator for functional heartburn and esophageal hypersensitivity. Sirish Rao, Kalyana Nandipati, Ryan W Walters, Subhash Chandra, Gastroenterology, 158 (6), S-1068-S-1069, 2020
- Relationship between ileocecal resection and postoperative clostridioides difficile infection. Jahnavi Koppala, Sarah Aurit, Devi MukkaiKrishnamurty, Subhash Chandra, Gastroenterology, 158 (6), S-979, 2020
- Water filled rectal balloon versus a rectal probe in left lateral position to assess for anorectal dyssynergia in functional constipation. Meghana Vellanki . Jahnavi Koppala, Ryan W. Walters. Subhash Chandra, Gastroenterology, 158(6), S-386-S-387, 2020
- Establishing an optimal cut-off for distal mean nocturnal baseline impedance for abnormal acid exposure time. Sirish Rao, Kalyana Nandipati, Ryan W Walters, Subhash Chandra, Gastroenterology, 158 (6), s-1069, 2020
- Bowel anastomosis is associated with increased the risk of post-operative clostridioides difficile infection in patients undergoing colorectal resection. Jahnavi Koppala, Sarah Aurit, Devi MukkaiKrishnamurty, Subhash Chandra, Gastroenterology, 158 (6), s-977, 2020
- Racial disparity in chronic hepatitis c treatment success with direct-acting antiviral agents. Jahnavi Koppala, Mobashshir Alam, Ryan W Walters, Sirish Rao, Elliott Baker, Subhash Chandra, Sandeep Mukherjee, Gastroenterology, 158 (6), s-494, 2020
- Direct-acting antiviral agents for infection with hepatitis c virus genotype 1-6 in an ambulatory setting among gastroenterology, infectious disease, and primary care clinics. Jahnavi Koppala, Mobashshir Alam, Sirish Rao, Meghana Vellanki, Ryan W Walters, Elliott Baker, Subhash Chandra, Haitam M Buaisha, Sandeep Mukherjee, Gastroenterology, 158 (6), s-878, 2020
- Sheath Rinsing: A Technique for Improved Cellular Yield in Biliary Brushing Cytology, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 85;5, AB633 , 2017
- Diagnostic yield of colonscopy in young adults with lower gastrointestinal symptoms in a multicenter midwest cohort. Chandra, S., Abdussalam, A. ACG 2019, San Antonio, TX., 2019
- Prevalence and predictors of adenomas in young adults undergoing diagnostic colonoscopy in a Multicenter Midwest US cohort. Lu R, Dave D, Klair J, Kassim T, Asfaq M, Chandra S, Murali A. ACG 2019, San Antonio, TX., 2019
- Frequency of Manometery and Esophagram Abnormalities in Jackhammer Esophagus. Elger B, Abdussalam A, Gorantla R, Nandipati K, Stavas J, Chandra S. 2019 ANMS Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL., 2019
- Recurrent Acute Pancreatitis With Energy Drinks Consumption; Rare But Definite Association. Al-Tamimi, A., Kassim, T., Chandra, S. American College of Gastroenterology National Conference, Philadelphia, PA., 2018
- Esophageal Dysphagia Management in 2017. Department of Medicine grand rounds., 2017
Current Research Projects
- Gastroesophageal reflux disorders
- AOA, Alfa Omega Alfa Medical Honor society, 2020