Melinda S. Burnett, MD
School of Medicine
- Neurology: Movement Disorders
- Assistant Professor
- M1 Neuroscience Course, Grand Rounds, 4/20/2018
- Matsumoto JY, Fossett T, Kim M, Duffy JR, Strand E,
McKeon A, Lee KH, Stead M, Burnett M, Adams AC,
Precise stimulation location optimizes speech
outcomes in essential tremor., Parkinsonism and Related Disorders, 32: Nov 2016, 60-65, 2016
- Cutsforth-Gregory JK, Ahlskog JE, McKeon A,
Burnett MS, Matsumoto JY, Hassan A, Bower JH.
Repetitive exercise dystonia: A difficult to
treat hazard of runner and non-runner
athletes., Parkinsonism and Related Disorders, 27: Jun 2016, 74-80, 2016
- Burnett, MS. “Hyperkinetic Movement Disorders:
Tremor and Myoclonus.” Mayo Clinic Neurology
Board Review. Ed. Kelly D Flemming and Lyell K
Jones., Mayo Clinic Scientific Press, Chapter 24, 2015
- Burnett MS, Witte RJ, Ahlskog JE.
Swiss Cheese Striatum: Clinical Implications., JAMA Neurology, 71(6), 735-41, 2014
- Czarnecki K, Jones DT, Burnett MS, Mullan B,
SPECT perfusion patterns distinguish
psychogenic from essential tremor., Parkinsonism and Related Disorders, 17(5), 328-32, 2011
- DelleDonne A, Klos KJ, Fujishiro H, Ahmed Z, Parisi JE,
Josephs KA, Frigerio R, Burnett M, Wszolek ZK, Uitti RJ,
Ahlskog JE, Dickson DW.
Incidental Lewy body disease and preclinical
Parkinson disease., Archives of Neurology, 65(8), 1074-80, 2008
- Fujishiro H, Frigerio R, Burnett M, Klos KJ, Josephs KA,
DelleDonne A, Parisi JE, Ahlskog JE, Dickson DW.
Cardiac sympathetic denervation correlates
with clinical and pathologic stages of Parkinson’s
disease., Movement Disorders, 23(8), 1085-92, 2008
- Dickson DW, Fujishiro H, Delledonne A, Menke J,
Ahmed Z, Klos KJ, Josephs KA, Frigerio R, Burnett M,
Parisi JE, Ahlskog JE.
Evidence that Incidental Lewy Body Disease is
Pre-symptomatic Parkinson’s Disease., Acta Neuropathologica, 115(4), 437-44, 2008
- Zubkov AS, Klassen BT, Burnett MS, Rabinstein AA.
Bilateral internal carotid artery occlusions resulting
in near total acute brain infarction., Neurocritical Care, 7(3), 247-249, 2007
- Burnett MS, Strain KJ, Lesnick TJ, de Andrade M, Rocca
WA, Maraganore DM.
Reliability of Self-reported Ancestry among
Siblings: Implications for Genetic Association
Studies., American Journal of Epidemiology, 163(5), 486-92, 2006
- The rise (and fall?) of an unwelcome presence, Neurology, 89 (24), 2506-2507, 2017
- "The Epic Journey of the Uterus: Update on Functional Movement Disorders", Neurology Grand Rounds, Creighton, 2018
- "Update on Parkinson's", for the 7th Annual Neurology Update for Primary Care Conference, Hilton Omaha, 2018
- "Overview of Movement Disorders", Immanuel Medical Hospital General Staff meeting, 2018
- Grand Rounds, Department of Neurology School of Medicine, "Tau in the Tropics", 2017
Research and Scholarship Interests
- Parkinson's disease, gait disorders, ataxia, dystonia, botulinum toxin injections, physician burnout
- Golden Apple Teaching Award, 2018-2019 school year, Medical Students of Creighton, 2019