- Dates: Aug. 2-4, 2017
- White Coat Ceremony: Friday, August 4, 2017, 2 p.m. at the Joslyn Art Museum Witherspoon Concert Hall, 2200 Dodge Street. No tickets required.
- Orientation contact person: Liz Ferguson, lizferguson [at] creighton [dot] edu
- Immunization Requirements
- Student Health Insurance
- Drug Screening – All medical students are required to pass a standard 9-panel drug screen. You will be assigned a time for your drug screening and this information will be emailed to you before orientation begins.
- Student ID Cards – All Creighton students are required to have a student ID card. It will give you building access, parking garages, etc. Be sure you visit Card Services in the Harper Center, Suite 1094 by the end of the first day of orientation to receive your card.
- Medical Professionalism
Parking at Creighton
Moving to Omaha
Motor Vehicle Registration/Wheel Tax
According to the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles, individuals attending school in Nebraska on a full-time basis (at least 12 credit hours) and whose vehicles are currently registered in their home state do not have to register their vehicle in Nebraska. Students should have their Student Identification Cards in their possession at all times when operating the motor vehicle in the event they are asked by law enforcement to produce evidence of their student status.
The City of Omaha (located in Douglas County, NE) does have a wheel tax that is applied to all individuals who live within three miles of the city limits. Full-time students who are living within three miles of the city limits, but who intend to maintain their vehicle registration in a different county or state, must purchase a $5 wheel tax exemption sticker from the Douglas County Treasurer’s Office. Students will need to provide proof of current vehicle registration (from another state or another Nebraska county while maintaining a residence in Omaha) and proof of current status as a full-time student, such as a copy of their class schedule (a student I.D. is not sufficient).