Residencies & Fellowships
AN EXCEPTIONAL GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION EXPERIENCE
Creighton University School of Medicine sponsors more than 46 ACGME-accredited residency and fellowship programs between Omaha, Nebraska and Phoenix, Arizona. Through Creighton’s partnerships with CHI Health in Omaha and Dignity Health/St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, Valleywise Health and District Medical Group in Phoenix, our residents and fellows have access to state-of-the-art medical facilities and a diverse population of patients.
- Create a workforce of physicians in residencies and fellowships that will work in the of areas of medicine that are inadequate to serve the populations of Arizona and Nebraska. This would include certain under represented specialties, academic positions and physicians who can work in areas that suffer shortages including rural, under resourced and socially disadvantaged areas of Arizona and Nebraska.
- Create a culture in our GME programs of continuous quality improvement that will create highly competitive programs with a national reputation.
- All parties will dedicate themselves to maintain the sense of “cura personalis” despite growing in size, scope and specialties.
- Each faculty member and resident/fellow will value the new identity of belonging to the Creighton programs and while sharing best practices of each partner, will work towards building a new and integrated GME program.
- Transform residents and fellows into critical, ethical and moral thinkers so they can be agents of change in the health care system.
United by our Jesuit, Catholic identity, we transform learners into exceptional physicians who are leaders in advancing medicine, health and well-being
To improve the human condition with a diverse body of students, faculty and staff who provide excellence in educating students, physicians and the public, advancing knowledge and providing comprehensive patient care.