Selection Criteria and Process
- Candidates will have completed an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) accredited family medicine residency program within the past 5 years. (Time period could be waived based on candidate’s experience and recent practice.)
- Candidates must be certified by the American Board of Family Medicine or (ABFM) or American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians (AOBFP) when they begin the fellowship program.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated interest in delivery of maternity care as part of a rural or urban family medicine practice.
- Candidates must have demonstrated a strong interest in obstetrics during residency with a dedication to improving skills and increasing obstetrical experience.
- Candidates must hold a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in Nebraska.
- PGY-3 residents who are applying for this fellowship will sit for their ABFM certification examination in April of their graduation year, and they will select the Maternity Care module as one of their two optional modules.
- Unfortunately, we cannot sponsor visas of any type.
Applications are submitted to the fellowship coordinator, c/o Creighton University Department of Family Medicine.
Selection committee consists of the following persons:
- Fellowship director
- Chair of the Department of Family Medicine
- Obstetrician from Immanuel Hospital
- Charge nurse from labor and delivery at Immanuel Hospital
- CEO and medical director, Charles Drew Health Center
Application timeline: July 1–September 1
Interviews begin: August–October