Established in 2010, the Creighton University Headache Clinic aims to evaluate and treat patients with headache disorders. Karen Bremer, MD, has more than 10 years experience in treating headache patients.
After graduating from medical school in 1994, she completed two years of psychiatry training, and completed her neurology residency in 1999. Board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Dr. Bremer treats patients, both in the out-patient setting and in the hospital for a variety of conditions including headache, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, stroke and pain.
Dr. Bremer utilizes multiple treatment options for headache sufferers, including non-pharmacologic (non-drug), medication management, and in some cases, referral for nerve blocks or trigger point injections. Creighton University Medical Center offers a full range of services when recommended, including MRI scanning, CT scanning, and Electrodiagnostics (EEG and EMG).
To make an appointment for an evaluation, a referral from a primary care physician is required. Call the Creighton Department of Neurology at 402.717.0070.
What to bring to an appointment
• Physician referral forms if required by your insurance
• A list of current prescription and over-the counter medications you are taking, including dose and frequency
• Your insurance and ID card.
• Pertinent information about your medical and surgical history
• Any recent x-rays or appropriate records you may have.