CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center–Bergan Mercy is more than just a hospital. It is an academic medical center that brings together some of the most innovative patient care, teaching and health care research in the region.
Creighton University Medical Center offers advanced levels of medical specialties including:
- Cardiac care
- Maternal fetal medicine
- Specialized surgical care
Hear from our Chief Resident
We are one of the busiest trauma centers in the area. Our physicians are among the top in their field. They provide care for patients, collaborate in the diagnosis and treatment of disease and pass their knowledge to the next generation of health care professionals. The scope of knowledge and depth of expertise are unmatched by community hospitals.
We have a demanding rotational schedule that includes training in endocrinology, nephrology and two months of pediatrics inpatient. All of our residents write a peer-reviewed journal article during their residency training. We are initiating an HIV curriculum for our residents so that they will be competent to provide HIV care in practice.
Hear From our Residents
- Develop faculty to be masters of professional mentorship and giving articulate and useable feedback to learners, all while practicing excellent medicine
- Develop residents to be future community leaders and advocates while practicing excellent medicine
- Establish a clinical experience for the residents that teaches medicine through all ages and in all situations
- Establish a mission experience for residents that helps them articulate their own mission statement, while serving the medically underserved in various forms
- Develop and maintain a culture of inclusivity, diversity and service to the marginalized of society
- Develop astute clinical reasoning applicable to all persons regardless of culture, nationality or life circumstance
The mission of Creighton University Family Medicine Residency is to train men and women in the art and science of family medicine (where family medicine is the medical specialty devoted to comprehensive care for people of all ages based on the knowledge of the patient in the context of the family, community and culture the patient exists in) through service to the medically underserved (in all aspects of underserved) while practicing inclusivity in all our interactions (regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, opinion, nationality or citizenship status of the other) in a way that consciously aims to reduce health care disparities and teaches our residents to be leaders of advocacy for the health of our community.
We, the practitioners of Creighton University Family Medicine Residency, stand in proud awe at the gift of healing that our community has bestowed upon us as well as the responsibility that gift entails. Through this service and rigorous training, we actively seek to undergo a transformation of who we are into persons awake to a fuller sense of themselves in order to become a beacon of health and a space for healing for all our current and future patients.